Thursday, August 19, 2004

A must read

This whole "swift boat verterans" attack on Kerry just makes me sick. It makes me angry. And it makes me feel so sorry for the majority of Americans that get their news from mainstream media, which Republicans manipulate so well.

I am also extremely disappointed in McCain, every Democrat's favorite Republican, for continuing to strongly support Bush despite Bush's refusal to come out against the "Swift Boat Veterans for Truth" (sic) (sick).

So anyway, a good article about it here that rightly points out the differences between the soft money on the right and the soft money on the left.

As pointed out my my esteemed colleague, Kerry is starting to finally counter-attack.

"Of course, the President keeps telling people he would never question my service to our country. Instead, he watches as a Republican-funded attack group does just that. Well, if he wants to have a debate about our service in Vietnam, here is my answer: “Bring it on.” "


1 Comments:

Blogger Frank said...

Yeah, I've been surprised at how much this pisses me off. Right from the start, the thing that bothered me about the Gulf War II wasn't so much the actual reasons for going to war (a misguided attempt to change the political landscape of a culture we clearly don't understand, by force) as the fact that the Bush admin holds the public in such contempt that they don't bother giving the real reasons for their actions.

In this case, there's also justifiably mounting anger over the "liberal media" rolling over and playing Rove's game, even though they themselves know this is a big con.

Bah.

9:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home